MFI Systems 5200 Series is a high solids, two-component urethane engineered to perform in the harshest environments and conditions. Its advanced technology delivers excellent hardness with thin film flexibility to withstand high impacts and abrasions. MFI 5200 Series provides exceptional gloss retention with long-lasting and durable surface protection.
- May be applied direct to cleaned or blasted steel
- Excellent flexibility & impact resistance
- Superior abrasion & mar resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Available in a wide range of colors and gloss levels
- MFI 500 Series DTM Enamel Primers
- MFI-590 Epoxy Sealers
- MFI-580 1K DTM Primers
- 2k Urethane Primers
- MFI Epoxy Max Epoxy Primers
- Self-Etch Primers
- 5 Parts: MFl-5200 Series 3.5 V.O.C. High Solids Polyurethane Paint
- 1 Part: MFI-500 High Solids Activator
- 2-4 Parts: MFI-400 Series Zero VOC Reducer
- Do not apply at temperatures below 50°F
- No minimum or critical recoat time.
- Paint film is not fully cured for 7 days. Drying time listed may vary, depending upon film build, color selection, temperature, humidity and degree of air movement.
- Excess film thickness will retard dry times and affect the recoat window
- In-Service Temperature: 200 °F
- Avoid moisture contamination with the Activator – moisture can gel the material and affect the performance properties
|Air-dry (assumes 77°F & 50% Relative Humidty||Bake / Force Cure|
|To Touch: 1 – 2 hrs.||Purge Time: 10 min. (ambient)|
|To Handle: 4 hrs.||Substrate Temp: 140°F (60°C)|
|To Recoat: 2 hrs. (After 24 hours, sand with 320 grit)||Bake Time: 20 min.|
Physical Properties (Blended 5:1)
- Weight per gallon: 10.0 ± 1.0 lbs./gal.
- Weight Solids (%): 69 ± 4
- Volume Solids (%): 57 ± 3
- Coverage (@1mil, no loss): 770 – 834 sq. ft./gal.
- Gloss @ 60° Angle: 85 – 95
- Pencil Hardness: F
- Humidity Resistance: No effect@400 Hrs. DTM, No Primer
- Humidity Resistance: No rust, blistering or delamination @ 1000 Hrs. w/ Primer
- Salt Spray Resistance: <3 – 5mm creepage @ 300 Hrs. DTM, No Primer
- Salt Spray Resistance: 3 – 5mm creepage, No blistering or delamination @ 1000 Hrs. w/ Primer
- 12-Month Florida Exposure: >80% Retention