MFI Systems 5000 Series is a high quality, two-component urethane formulated to withstand long-term exposure to extreme environmental conditions. Its fast dry time and exceptional gloss level make 5000 Series the ideal coating for various applications.
- Exceptional weathering
- Astounding chemical resistance
- Superior abrasion & mar resistance
- Excellent hardness & impact resistance
- Available in a wide range of colors
- MFI-500 Series DTM Enamel Primers
- MFI-590 Epoxy Sealers
- MFI-580 1K DTM Primers
- 2k Urethane Primers
- MFI Epoxy Max Epoxy Primers
- Self-Etch Primers
- 5 Parts: MFI-5000 Series 3.5 V.O.C Polyurethane
- 1 Part: MFI-500 High Solids Activator
- 2-4 Parts: MFI-400 Series Zero VOC Reducer
- Do not apply at temperatures below 50°F
- Paint film is not fully cured for 7 days – Dry time listed may vary, depending upon film build, color selection, temperature, humidity and degree of air movement
- Excess film thickness will retard dry times and affect the recoat window
- In-Service Temperature: 300 °F (As you approach 300 °F depending on the pigmentation, the color may change, but the film integrity will be maintained up to 300 °F.)
- Avoid moisture contamination with the Activator – moisture can gel the material and affect the performance properties
|Air-dry (assumes 77°F & 50% Relative Humidty||Bake / Force Cure|
|To Touch: 1 – 2 hrs.||Purge Time: 10 min. (ambient)|
|To Handle: 4 hrs.||Substrate Temp: 140°F (60°C)|
|To Recoat: 2 hrs. (After 24 hours, sand with 320 grit)||Bake Time: 20 min.|
Physical Properties (Blended 5:1)
- Weight per gallon: 9.5 + 1.0 lbs./gal.
- Weight Solids (%): 70 + 5
- Volume Solids (%): 62 – 2
- Coverage (@1mil, no loss): 962 – 1026 sq. ft./gal.
- Gloss @ 60° Angle: 20-90
- Pencil Hardness: H – 2H
- Humidity Resistance: No effect @ 1000 Hrs.
- Salt Spray Resistance: 3-5mm creepage, no blistering or delamination @ 1000 Hrs.
- Chemical Resistance: Excellent resistance to strong alkali, dilute acids, oils & solvents
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- QVA, 60° Gloss Retention: 100% (White); 100% (Black) @ 500 Hrs.
- QVB, 60° Gloss Retention: 85% (White); 94% Black @ 500 Hrs.